Re: SHOW Show Schedules

  • Subject: Re: SHOW Show Schedules
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:52:05 -0600

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

> I envision a sample short schedule with just the bare bones for a
> small society like ours.  Then, an example of an elaborate one for
> larger shows that includes just about everythings, such as
> collections mentioned in the original post..
	This is why Region 17 now requires a judge trainee to either prepare a
show schedule or chair a show before becoming a judge.  The thought was
that the practical experience would prepare them for the real thing and
be a benefit to their society.

>         It seems like the show schedule must be completely rewritten each
> time there is a change in the Exhibitions chairman.  Once you please
> the show chairman, your schedule will be approved for as long as
> he/she is in office.  Then when the officer changes, you will
> probably have to start over from scratch.  This has been our
> experience with our society and its show schedule.
	Seems to be the way of it down here too.  We have been using my
computerized version of the show schedule for several years now with no
corrections in quite a while.  Now this year I was informed there were
several corrections to be made.  I made the same statement you just did
and told the person in question to "fix it" and quit worrying about it.
As long as we stick to the same bare bones there shouldn't be any
problems for a couple of years. <G>
Dana Brown
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Lubbock, Texas  79401
Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset

Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest