Re: ADMIN: [Fwd: Tax us for using the internet??]

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN: [Fwd: Tax us for using the internet??]
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:22:19 -0800

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

DWiris@aol.com wrote:
> This topic may not be considered appropriate for iris-talk, but if this law
> passes, it may mean the end of iris-talk.  I don't intend to spend an hour a
> day going through e-mails if I have to pay long distance rates to do it.
> Dorothy Willott

Hi Dorothy,

I understand your concern, but most email programs allow you to log on,
download your mail, and go offline. You can them read your email at you
leisure at no cost, write replies and queue them up to be sent all at once
when you go on line again.

It would certainly be less convenient, but maybe would help keep folks from
making gaffs (my self included - witness last weeks goof!!!)

As to my ADMIN post, one of these days I might just learn to heed my own
advice and put letters like that in the drawer for the night, but noooooooo, I
have to send it right away....  :>))

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:

To reply to me personally click on
Fremont, California, USA

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Is ONElist important to you?  Has it changed your life?
Come visit our new web site and share with us your stories