Re: CAT: Aril and Arilbred sources

  • Subject: Re: CAT: Aril and Arilbred sources
  • From: "Steve Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 06:54:57 -0600

From: "Steve Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

----------Sharon, thank you for your help in locating catalogs and
information of specific cultivars.  I guess I was so busy gathering general
knowledge (sorely needed) that I failed to notice you had given sources for
iris where you knew of them.  I will look again.  I am very grateful for
this service; I need all the help I can get with this class of iris.
Thanks too to everyone else on this list that has helped me.  Sharon, do
you have any suggestions (or any other aril/arilbred expert on this list!)
for breeders for my daughter's hard to reach goal of hybridizing in class
MTBs that rebloom reliably and carry aril like traits? Particularly, which
aril species should she be looking to, and which arilbreds?
John, I am sorry that I offended you with my postings.  I am, my husband
says, a computer jinx.  I am very leary of computers.  This iris list was
the only thing that has ever tempted me to use one.  I was not sure how
much to erase and how much to leave.  I hope this message is better.  If
not, let me know and I will have my husband remove my name from this list.
Sorry, again!

Cindy Rust, Zone 5b, Missouri.  Sure enjoyed a great judge's training with
Brad Kasperek here in St. Louis yesterday.  What a funny guy!

Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: A free email community service