Re: CULT: Aborted bloom stalks on TBs??

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Aborted bloom stalks on TBs??
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:22:38 -0700

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: JEM300@aol.com
> I was in a bed that is all new irises planted last summer.  I planted 1
> rhizome each of each variety and they all have very good increase.
> on the tall bearded I noticed that probably a good 60% of them look as
> the "mother" rhizome has already thrown a bloom stalk.

Hi Linda,

Could you possibly describe in more detail what it is you are seeing that
leads you to conclude that such a high proportion of your newly planted
rhizomes have attempted unsuccessfully to send up bloom stalks since last
summer? It seems incredible to me that this could actually have been the

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new email list today