OT: CHAT: Getting One's Bearings--for Cindy

  • Subject: OT: CHAT: Getting One's Bearings--for Cindy
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:42:31 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/28/99 7:59:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, srust@fidnet.com
writes:

<< John, I am sorry that I offended you with my postings.  I am, my husband
 says, a computer jinx.  I am very leary of computers.  This iris list was
 the only thing that has ever tempted me to use one.  I was not sure how
 much to erase and how much to leave.  I hope this message is better.  If
 not, let me know and I will have my husband remove my name from this list.
 Sorry, again! >>

Cindy----and other new-- or shy ---folks--- the only really difficult thing
about this list is getting comfortable with that icky sense of vulnerability
and the sense of both speaking into the void and also addressing a large group
of near strangers. All this passes.

There are some mechanical things to learn, sure, and it helps if folks do
learn to follow the style of things quickly since when the list gets gong it
produces a lot of mail, but none of this is earth shaking stuff at all, and
we all screw up from time to time. What is important is that you know that you
are welcome and that your contribution is much valued. I'm sure John agrees
with me.

Just keep plugging along like we all do, Cindy. It gets easier with practice
and experience and you will learn to love your computer and the magic worlds
of information it opens up for you.

I will help in any way I can, and I imagine that goes for most everyone on the
list.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist:  The leading provider of free email list services