Re: REF: Judges Handbook help requested

  • Subject: Re: REF: Judges Handbook help requested
  • From: IRISROT@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:45:25 EST

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 2/27/99 11:06:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mlowe@worldiris.com writes:

>  No, the manual does not expound further on this point. However, for
>  expansion on "type" one must look at the "Handbook for Judges' and Show
>  Officials" in overall context. In reality, horticultural 'types' i.e., TB,
>  BB, IB, SDB, and to a lesser extent, the other 'size/season' defined types
>  dominate the majority of AIS sanctioned flower shows.
I am show chairman of the Greater St Louis Iris Show this year and have added
the collection to our show schedule. We are having all the bearded class of
iris only since this is the first show for us using the collection. My feeling
is the manuel should have read blue ribbon quality not Best In Show quality.
Reason being how many of us are going to have Queen of the Show material in
that quanity? Some years that may be true but for the most part we aren't
because of the weather. But who am I to disagree with the experts for the most
part they do a tremendous job and never get complimented only hear the
negatives. So I am saying on record for all of you that helped with the Judges
Manuel to rewrite it (THANKS!!) it needed to be done. Yes, there are mistakes
but make a lot of them in my everyday life and so do most of us...But I feel
if we as members would compliment our leaders I really believe they would pout
even more energy into making the AIS a better organization.

							Jim Loveland  Fenton, MO Zone 5

We have a new web site!
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services