Re: CULT: Aborted bloom stalks on TBs??

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Aborted bloom stalks on TBs??
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:34:56 -0800

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Linda,

I find this happens to a percentage of newly purchased cultivars.  The
main fan does not put out much leaf growth and then seems to wither
as if it had bloomed while the increases grow very strongly.  However,
sometimes I also find that on a pretty high percentage these same
fans, tho they never put out much leaf growth, will go ahead and send
up a bloom stalk and bloom with apparently healthy, full size stalks and
blooms.  The increases generally just continue to grow the first year and
not bloom.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, dry, but the TBs are growing rapidly in the warm temps.

We have a new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services