Re: HYB: ploidy - speculation

  • Subject: Re: HYB: ploidy - speculation
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:38:57 -0500

Donald, since you've got your copy handy, does the article compare
'kinds' of chromosomes among diploids (i.e., 24 chromosome pallida &
variegata)?

<On I. germanica "Karyotype analyses indicated that the 44-chromosome
natural
 hybrids, such as I. germanica, originated from the hybrid combination
of 40-chromosome dwarf species and 48-chromosome tall species.  No new
kinds of
 chromosomes were seen in the 44-chromosome hybrids that were not
present
 either in 40-chromosome dwarf or 48-chromosome tall species."

Darn it all, I want a cheap DNA analytic tool to compare any iris I want
with another one! <g>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

PC to PC calling with 3-way conferencing. Only
$11.95/yr at CrystalVoice! Free trial. Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4SQRwC/RYfDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM