Re: PHOTO: AIS Website

  • Subject: Re: PHOTO: AIS Website
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:09:42 -0700

Carryl,

You expressed some frustration that the photo of the snow-covered iris
recently placed on the AIS Website was not identified by name or location.
I recently accessed the Website for another purpose, and viewed the photo
for the first time. It was almost certainly taken at the Denver AIS
Convention during the notorious winter of '98, when to the delight of some
and dismay of others snowy conditions persisted into the first week of
June. As to the name of the iris, it might not have one. To my eye it looks
like one of the several seedlings of similar appearance that Rob Stetson
had guested at a number of the convention gardens.

Still waiting for ROOTS to appear around here!

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

----------
> From: Carryl M. Meyer <carrylm@bigsky.net>
> The latest issue of the HIPS Section of AIS arrived Saturday--and is it
ever
> a wow!!!!!!!
> Roots now has color--lots of it--on over 60% of the pages--great to see
the
> 'oldies' in color--and most of the color is true--so if you like the
> oldies--and want to join HIPS--membership info is available from
Membership
> Sect'y Mary Forte--- jforte21@aol.com
> Carryl in western Montana zone 3/4

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!