Re: OT--our Aussie friends OK?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT--our Aussie friends OK?
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 17:48:28 +1100

>Hearing on the TV about the fires threatening Sydney!
>I know some of you are far away but I think some are
>close?  Any news?  Are all of you all right?  The
>Pryors are near there aren't they?  I'm worried!
>Carol Canfield in Spicewood, TX

The Pryors are in Sydney I think. I haven't heard anything of them, they are
mainly active on the LA list.
Paul Tyerman is in Canberra and reported fires close to home, but was OK
last I heard.
Nothing here in Victoria, where it is cold. There was Snow on Mt. Hotham
this morning, (in the Victorian Alps) I don't mind the cold weather, it is
giving me a jump start at my garden. I have been busy moving tree ferns, and
making a new fernery. The old ones were planted too close by the previous
owner, and had to be moved for our decking.
My irises are still sitting in their pots, and I am adding more to the
numbers, as I pot up my PCI and Sibe. seedlings. Those few beardeds which
have made it into garden beds, are doing remarkably well.
Cheers, Jan

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!