REB: Mystery Iris

Something I bought this year opened on December 31, but it wasn't the flower
I ordered (a 2000 intro).  It was a very light blue self (no sign of
lavender) with a small white zonal spot (like Victoria Falls).  Large, good
substance with wide billowy ruffles, not particularly wide form in the haft
area.  White beards, I seem to recall some faint yellow in the throat.
Tall, with three bud sites (probably more if established).  Very soft, even
coloration.  Nice flower and a pleasant winter surprise, but it doesn't
appear to match anything in the catalog I ordered from.

Someone keeps telling me Progressive Attitude is not a rebloomer.  Mine
doesn't seem to know how to stop.  Weird color, other than that not bad.
The color in the picture looked prettier to me.

Finished another flowerbed over the holidays (about 200 square feet); moved
in 52 new acquisitions from their temporary 5-gallon pots.  In most cases,
the new roots were already peeking out the bottoms and the planting mix was
full of earthworms that had crawled in from my lawn.  Nice to think I'll be
priming the new flowerbed with such healthy inserts.

Can't wait till I finish my new yard. Lots more new planting areas to
regrade, modify the irrigation, put in walkways, and plant.  I plan to put
in more louisianas; the foliage stays healthier year 'round and they grow
great out here.  I really like the ruffles on some of the newer ones, and I
love the bright magentas, dark purples, and blues.

John Reeds, in sunny southern California
(9b to you, Rosalie, but I can't identify the flower)
jreeds@microsensors.com

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!