Re: REB: Mystery Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] REB: Mystery Iris
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:10:35 EST

In a message dated 1/2/2002 6:15:25 PM Central Standard Time,
jreeds@microsensors.com writes:

<< Someone keeps telling me Progressive Attitude is not a rebloomer.  >>

John, The 1998 cumulative checklist (reblooming irises) reports PA as
reblooming in zones 5, 6, & 7.  Just because it wasn't introduced as a
rebloomer doesn't mean it isn't a rebloomer.  It might be a sticking point in
a show where the final word is the R & I's . . . especially if the program
states "introduced as a rebloomer."  I once gave an award for rebloomers
shown at a spring show and the judges insisted on using the R & I's, rather
than the cumulative list, to determine elgibility.  A problem that doesn't
exist in a fall show!

 <<<Nice flower and a pleasant winter surprise, but it doesn't
appear to match anything in the catalog I ordered from.>>

Your best bet on this one is to contact your supplier with your detailed
description or, if possible, a picture.  Most know their beds well enough to
know what you might have got. Still, there's no guarantee they can identify
it, but they can replace the one you should have received.  (And you still
have a nice mystery iris for winter bloom)

Sounds like you're having nice winter fun.

Betty from BG KY USA Zone 6

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!