Re: HYB: Loomis/Hall

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Loomis/Hall
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:19:05 -0500

Neil Morgenderfer<g> in NC said:
<My antique memory bin---another cross-over.  Dr. Loomis used
Mulberry    Rose, D. Hall used Dolly Madison in parallel ways.  The two
do resemble each other a little--yellow ground color in the hafts
(appearing rosy brown in MR), both with "t" factor, similar form,  etc.

What interesting tidbits you have in that bin!  If I look in The World
of Iris, will I find out what parallel things these two famous
hybridizers were up to?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone cold & windy!  little finches are
packing away the thistle seed faster than I can keep them supplied

Win a Capcom Console Game of Your Choice Or Even a Capcom Arcade System. Click Here to Enter.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tmpz8B/exbDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM