Re: OT-PLANTS: Arbor

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-PLANTS: Arbor
  • From: "D. Patterson" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:41:29 -0800

John Reeds wrote:
> Doesn't really fit any of the subject tags, but where else could I find such
> an avid group of gardeners who might know the answer.
> I am looking for a garden arbor made out of "fake wood".  I have seen a
> wonderful recycled plastic material used to make trellises that looks
> exactly like weathered wood stakes, about 3/4" square.  I would love to find
> an arbor made out of the same material (usually dyed green or red-brown).
> Steel rusts, vinyl and PVC look ugly, and wood gets old and splintery.
> Aluminum would be nice, but I've never seen one so I assume it would be too
> expensive if I could find it.  The trellis manufacturers did not know any
> arbor makers, and no luck on the internet.  Any ideas?
> John Reeds
> jreeds@microsensors.com

I've seen polyvinylchloride (PVC) arbors in white and green being sold
as seasonal items at the discount hardware stores in recent years. A
quick search with the Yahoo! search engine found many Web sites offering
these items for sale.

Copy and paste this URL to see a list:

Go to the Yahoo! Search Options:

Copy and paste the following terms with their quotation marks into the
box for the search terms:
"arbor" "PVC"

Select a search method:
Matches on all words (AND)

Select a search area:

Note, there are also solid steel rod arbors, unpainted/rusted and
painted, avaialble from many plant nurseries and hardware retailers for
similar  prices.

See Charley's Greenhouse and Garden Supply for an example:

Dallas Patterson

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!