Re: OT--weather

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT--weather
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:16:59 +1030

Jan

It's just as cold here. New Year's day it was cold and squally. Temp
struggled up to 15oC. Instead of planting out seedling we did spingcleaning.
Housework preferred to gardening!, now that is a rarity. Actually aroud
here, almost any housework is a rarity.:-)
However it's doing the garden good. The JI are still bloomong and the
daylily colours are richer than I've seen before, except a few reds are a
bit dull from the cold.
My imports are still blooming and the lack of heat gives a better take for
hybridizing.

Supposed to make 30oC over the next few days then back to cold and showery.
What we need is a return to normal weather then maybe NSW will get the rain
it so desparately needs.

Hope the snow in the SE of USA hasn't ruined any of your gardens
Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia