Re: OT-PLANTS: Arbor

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-PLANTS: Arbor
  • From: "D. Patterson" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:19:18 -0800

John Reeds wrote:

> Doesn't really fit any of the subject tags, but where else could I find such
> an avid group of gardeners who might know the answer.
>
> I am looking for a garden arbor made out of "fake wood".  I have seen a
> wonderful recycled plastic material used to make trellises that looks
> exactly like weathered wood stakes, about 3/4" square.  I would love to find
> an arbor made out of the same material (usually dyed green or red-brown).
> Steel rusts, vinyl and PVC look ugly, and wood gets old and splintery.
> Aluminum would be nice, but I've never seen one so I assume it would be too
> expensive if I could find it.  The trellis manufacturers did not know any
> arbor makers, and no luck on the internet.  Any ideas?
>
> John Reeds
> jreeds@microsensors.com

See also:

Barco Products Company
Barco’s Arbor is excellent for indoor or outdoor use...Each Arbor is
made from UV stabilized, high-density polyethylene so it doesn't require
any maintenance. It is designed for quick and easy assembly, no tools
required. Dimensions: 80" high x 60" wide x 30" deep -- Weight: 45 lbs.
http://www.buybarco.com/plasticarbor.html

Heritage Woodworks
These products are carefully made from hand selected, locally milled and
dried Georgia oak, pressure treated yellow pine, recycled plastic or a
new recycled plastic/wood composition called Trex.
http://www.itown.com/oconee/heritage/hof.html

Backyard America
Our cedar arbors are handcrafted using the finest materials and
finishes...Primarily made of western red cedar, some parts may be made
with eastern white cedar, pacific yellow cedar and the wood polymer,
Trex, for long lasting beauty and durability.

Dallas Patterson
nye@fidalgo.net

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!