HYB: pink must-haves

  • Subject: HYB: pink must-haves
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:29:44 -0800 (PST)

  Colleen Modra <irises@senet.com.au> wrote:
Hi

As most of your are probably sitting in front of your fires, contemplating your next year purchases, may I make a couple of suggestions. This year I acquired Twice Thrilling (Osborne 94) and Barbara's Lace (Sutton 02) (yes I got a sneak preview). I have found both to be very fertile both ways. TT has many excellent progeny and BL is said to give lovely pinks and yellows, which often rebloom. Besides which I think there are both absolutely gorgeous, the form and substance on BL are exquisite.
Photos of both on iris-photos

Colleen Modra
South Aust

V. sez:

I called TWICE THRILLING "LESS THAN THRILLING" - it didn't grow well here, and had a poor bud count, though I have seen it doing great in a garden 90 minutes south of here. My current favorite pinks are two older ones - BLUSHING PINK, which has a great lavender belly stripe, and LADY BE GOOD, which has light lace. Both are quite vigorous here, which is one of the reasons I like them so much.

Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"Hard work might not kill me, but it would sure hurt like hell!!!"

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM