HYB: TB: HIST: Mulberry Rose

  • Subject: HYB: TB: HIST: Mulberry Rose
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:14:58 -0500

Neil Mogensen said:
<That memory bin is a rusty bucket.  Not Mulberry Rose--MOROCCO ROSE.
Sigh.  Sorry about the error. >

Well, shoot.  I was hoping to hear something about MULBERRY ROSE used as
a parent.  Mike Lowe & I had an interesting discussion about MR at the
HIPS 'do' summer before last in which he wondered if it might have some
aril ancestry.  (apologies, Mike, if I remember that wrong).  No
parentage is listed in the checklist.

Anybody have any inside information about MULBERRY ROSE pedigree or

Like DUSKY CHALLENGER, it's one of those unmistakeable 'to sigh for'
irises, & is tough as nails here.  Tho I have nearly abused it beyond
its tolerance and haven't been getting much bloom from it lately (dense
shade, buried in leaf litter, dug around and slept on by the dog, etc
etc).  It doesn't do very well out in my gravelly, plowed rows either.
I need to move some of it to some halfway decent soil with fewer rocks
and some afternoon shade.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!