Re: REB: Mystery Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] REB: Mystery Iris
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 06:31:52 -0600
On 3 Jan 02, at 14:59, vince lewonski wrote:

>   RYFigge@aol.com wrote:
> I find it difficult to
> identify by description (even photos can leave much to be desired)  but
> would it, could it, be SEA FLUFF by RGSmith?  It is a lovely light blue
> and reblooms well.  Rosalie nr Baltimore
> V. sez:
> SEA FLUFF doesn't have any white for me - it's a solid medium blue. Maybe
> SCORPIO STAR? That hasn't rebloomed here, but has in Zone 7 or 8. And
> VICTORIA FALLS in in its background, which may explain why it looked
> similar.
> Vince Lewonski
> vincelewonski@yahoo.com
> Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
> "Hard work might not kill me, but it would sure hurt like hell!!!"
     It is doubtful that this mystery iris is SCORPIO STAR, my own child.  SS
is a dark purple/violet zonal - nowhere near blue.

     Walter Moores
      Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (18o on the porch thermometer this
morning, the coldest so far this winter).

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!