Re: Measuring DNA content

  • Subject: Re: Measuring DNA content
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 10:34:53 -0500

Eloy Boon said:
<If some tissue is available and it is send by mail to me we could give
an answer to some questions next week, but I assume that it is now
difficult to obtain material.

Attached I have a pricelist for ploidy determination. In principle all
material can be used for the analyses but active growing material is the
best material, we receive normally a piece of leave but also root
meristem is possible. I don't know if a piece of rhizome will work.

  For the isolation of nuclei ca 1 cm2 is used but some more tissue is
convenient. In most cases if we receive material from the USA it is send
by express mail and transport takes only one day. Since leaf of Iris is
not very fragile it will also survive longer shipping times, I donšt
know how many days normal mail takes. It is important that the material
doesn't get frozen during air transport.>

Thanks Eloy.

Since iris-talk doesn't accept attachments, the price list didn't come
thru.  Is it on a webpage or perhaps you could post it to iris-photos
where attachments are allowed?

You are correct - this is not a good time to try to ship material from
my location.  It was about 14oF last night.  But I am very interested in
pursuing this later in the winter or early spring.  Possibly the
easiest/best material to ship would be a small piece of the terminal end
of the rhizome with a few young, new leaves attached as they being
growth in the spring.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!