Re: Grass in Iris Bed

I am a most of the time lurker and thought that I might ask a question.  I
know that it is winter here, but my thoughts are of Spring.  I have some
wonderful raised beds that my DH built for me and I have filled them with
mostly iris.  Well, last year was a tough gardening year for me and I did
not keep the grasses pulled from my beds and you know the rest--it looks
like a grass carpet with iris sticking up.  Is there something I can use
next Spring other than a shovel to dig and refurbish the beds?  I am
thinking chemical to kill??  I used Grass Be Gone on a flower bed--no
iris--last summer and it did nothing--I think the grass liked it.  If there
is nothing, I will plan to dig all the beds this summer after bloom and
refurbish with a little Round Up and lots of other good-for-garden

Any ideas?

Thanks for yout help.

Lera Cavanaugh in wintery Michigan, Zone 5

PS  I love all the pictures you have been showing--a little brightness in
the cold...

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!