Re: Grass in Iris Bed

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk]Grass in Iris Bed
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:04:15 -0600

I know that Larry Harder used to use a product called Ornamec (I think it was an Ortho product, but I would not want to bet on that.) on his iris beds full of out-of-control grass.  It took 2-3 weeks but eventually the grass died, and the iris were never hurt at all.  The same chemical is sold to farmers for their soybean fields under the name Fusillade.  Of course, the way they keep changing those farm chemicals this may not be available any more, but there will be other agricultural products which are strictly for grasses, too.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250