Re:CULT:dividing iris

  • Subject: Re:CULT:dividing iris
  • From: doris1434@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:39:46 EST

Hi Queda:
       Welcome to the list!
       Yes, you can dig and divide your iris now but you will lose this
year's bloom period. It's your choice. I've divided iris in the spring with
good results. . just no blooms that spring!
       As far as iris reverting back to the parent plant. . I doubt it. It's
possible that since your iris are in such need of dividing that the clumps
have grown together and you are actually seeing the parent plant!
       Please include your name, location and zone to your correspondence.
Also, read the helpful Introduction message from the list owner, John Jones.
It was included as part of the signing up process and can be printed out for
your convenience and use.

Doris Elevier, El Paso, Zone 7