Re: VIRUS

  • Subject: Re: VIRUS
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:04:02 -0000

Rosalie,

You're right; I don't find a phone number anywhere on my Norton
AntiVirus 2002 bos.  What it does say is that it does "Email scanning
support for any standard POP3 compatible email client(?), including
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0/5 X, Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/XP,
Netscape Messenger 4.X, Netscape Netscape Mail 6.0, Eudora Light 3.0,
Eudora PRO 4.0, Eudora 5.0.

Do you have any of these?  It sounds to me as though they deal with
the network access rather than the server.  I have Windows, but my
server is local to the island.  My email provider, though, is Outlook
Express, and that's whom they seem to connect to.

I wish I knew more about these things to tell you, but that seems to
work for me, though it hasn't been able to kill the latest worm.

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA

-- In iris-talk@y..., RYFigge@a... wrote:
> As I understand it, it is AOL that it doesn't check for viruses -
which I
> don't understand why the discrimination -- I know it checks OTHER
ones,
> because I know people that have it pop up and warn them.   If only
there was
> a way to talk to a PERSON and not just do it thru  internet, then
this whole
> thing could be settled.  Sorry to be such a bother,      Rosalie nr
Baltimore