RE: dividing iris

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] dividing iris
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:57:26 -0600

	Welcome to the List!!  We are also in Lubbock and members of the South
Plains Iris Society.  As to dividing your iris...the best time around here
is in July-September.  You can divide now but they will not bloom this
spring although they will probably live.
	We grow quite a few iris out here and have never had one "revert" to
another color.  Usually what happens is that another iris overruns the
missing one or a small piece left over from a previous dig gets big enough
to bloom and comes on in place of the other color.
	Please give us a holler if there is anything we can do to help.

Dana Brown
Malevil Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
AIS Region 17, MIS, ASI, RIS, TBIS