Re: CULT: Dividing Irises.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Dividing Irises.
  • From: "Racheal Nekuda" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:02:46 -0800

I move established clumps all the time in the spring. Sometimes if the iris are happier in the new place they seem to bloom better. I move them as early as the ground will let me and do not tear up the clumps. I try to move them before they set out a new group of roots for spring growth. If the clump is really large it will break when lifted.  Many times these do not bloom and sometimes a few will still bloom.