RE: MTB: tetraploid

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] MTB: tetraploid
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <markm@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:16:42 -0500

The tetraploids are mostly from I. aphylla, hence the larger flowers and
heavier stems.  You might want to try the newer cultivars from Vicki Craig.
She's been hybridizing with I. aphylla for a long time and the newer
generations have smaller flowers.  I'm afraid that I don't recall off the
top of my head which ones are tets and which are dips so I can't suggest
which ones you should try.

Ottawa, Ontario (zone 4)