Re: OT:Club dues

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT:Club dues
  • From: MWill68323@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:21:32 EST

In a message dated 1/21/02 3:37:48 PM Central Standard Time,
jreeds@microsensors.com writes:

> I find that most iris growers are enthusiastic hobbyists that wish to share
> their love of iris with others.

I don't post often but would like to pass on what happened to me when I
attempted to join the local club.  I was at a the local show and asked if I
might join.  The first question asked was if I belonged to the AIS and I
responded that I was not.  I was told I would be best served to join the AIS
and it was left at that.  I was never invited to attend any meetings or
contacted in any other way.  I will tell you that it would be difficult for
me to be very active in a club but I felt it was important to support my
favorite flower and newsletters would keep me in the loop as for news, when
the sales are, etc.  I'm sure there are many nice people who belong to this
club but this person was so rude that it somewhat turned me off.

Anyway, my point to all of this is to please do encourage new people and be
enthusiastic!!!!  If one really loves iris the dues will be a moot point.
Most understand that costs have to be covered for the mailings, etc.
But...it would be nice if the dues are lower to encourage people who are
uncertain or have never belonged to a club.

who won't tell where she lives<G>