Re: AIS: Local Club Dues

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Local Club Dues
  • From: comsteve@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:38:29 EST

The West Tennessee Iris Society's membership dues are $6 single, and $10
family.  This gererates enough revenue to pay for the monthly newsletter. All
other reveues are received from our two plant sales a year (March, potted,
and August,basre.)  We do maintain a club garden; it will be on this years
AIS convention tour.  Our sales consist of plants from this garden, and
plants from the the gardens of our members.  One doesn't have to be a member
of AIS to be a member of our club.

Another view point is that of the Memphis Area Iris Society, the host of this
year's AIS convention.  They charge no dues, and to be a member you must be a
member of AIS, therefore their dues are for AIS membership. Their revenue
comes from the sale of plants from the Memphis Botantic Garden and members.
They have one sale a year usually in July, and they share the revenue from
the sale with the MBG. They help to maintain the MBG iris garden which is the
master planting for the AIS convention.

Hope this gives some food for thought.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!