Re: OT: Local Club Dues

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Local Club Dues
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:26:44 EST

I really hesitate to answer  this afraid of giving FSK some bad luck!  I'm
sure we have no more or less personal  money than any other region, but our
only dues are to AIS and any individual Sections that an individual wants to
join on their own.  We raise money by selling rhizomes as a group, members
donating their extras for the sale..  We put on the usual iris shows, both
bearded and beardless (free) and about 2 luncheons a year, sometimes with a
sample of what may be in bloom.  Everyone pays for their own luncheon, and
even tho we try to go to inexpensive places,  some feel it is too expensive
to attend.  We try to have an outstanding speaker at these luncheons, and pay
their expenses.  We have 2 (or is it 3?!) regional publications (and they are
VERY good ones) and the chapter president sends out notices of whatever is
coming up  - postage covered by the club ---- all this for just belonging to
AIS, and all our members do belong or I believe  they pay a fee of some sort
-- there are very few of those).  The chapter, as do the others in the
region, pay a fee for the Regional NEWSCAST  that comes out 2 or 3 times a
year, as I said.  The fee is based on an amount per member.  We depend onthe
insurance that AIS has for us, plus whatever else is required, but it all
comes out of the treasury.  We obviously don't accumulate a large bank
account -- we are not in a business!  AND we welcome prospects and new
members with open arms !  Move and join us!!!!  Glad to see that California
doesn't have EVERYthing!    Rosalie nr Baltimore zone 7  ryfigge@aol.com