Re: AIS: club dues

  • Subject: Re: AIS: club dues
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:38:00 -0500

I can't remember for sure what our local club dues are - seems like $5.
To encourage AIS membership, especially for those who might like to
belong but feel like they can't afford it, AND to encourage introducing
new and different irises to the public, we work hard at growing &
donating irises to club sales, with proceeds going to pay AIS membership
for ALL active club members, to buy a couple of club orders (distributed
to club members to propagate, share with other club members, and
eventually donate to sales), to donations to the region, to other AIS
needs, and to show expenses (travel for judges & whatever else).

So far, we've been doing ok, tho our membership has been dwindling to a
few aging, unhealthy remnants in the last few years.  We need more young
strong enthusiastic new people to help play 'johnny appleseed' with
irises in this area.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!