Re: CULT: Irises In Florida

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Irises In Florida
  • From: tomd@cals.lib.ar.us
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:09:48 -0600

Hi Francelle and listers:

I can well understand why you would avoid water-hungry Louisiana irises  in
your state of Arizona.  I'm sure Francelle knows this, however, listers
might be surprised to learn that many Arizonans do successful grow La's.
Indeed, in 2004 the Society for Louisiana Irises will be holding its
national convention in the Phoenix area.  The key to growing La. irises in
the desert southwest is generous watering.  And, I'm sure shade cover would
help too.

Please consider this posting an invitation to attend the SLI convention in
Arizona in 2004.  This year the convention will be in Little Rock, May 3-5,
and I hope iris-talk listers will join us.

Tom Dillard
SLI Secretary

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies