Re: PHOTO: how do I upload Iris photos?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] PHOTO: how do I upload Iris photos?
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 02 16:48:16 -0600

>I have tried what seems the obvious method (i.e., clicking photos,
>add photo, upload...) without any success.  Also, it seems the photos
>section of this group holds primarily non-iris pictures. Any
>suggestions for the technology-challanged of us, or am I the only

There are several options for making photos available for viewing through
the iris mailing lists.  Iris-talk does not allow attachments of any
sort, so the only way you can make photos available through this list is
to upload them to the "photos" file section accessible through the
iris-talk website at Yahoo Groups.  From your email, it sounds like
that's what you've been trying to do.  That, however, is not your best
option.  Many of the iris-talkers do not even have access to the photo
files at Yahoo, not having ever signed up for Yahoo membership or merged
existing Yahoo accounts with Yahoo Groups memberships.

Your better and easier option is to join the iris-photos mailing list at
Iris-photos *does* allow email attachments, so all you need do is attach
your photo(s) to an email message to the iris-photos list.  It will be
automatically sent to all list members and added to the permanent message
archives at both Yahoo Groups and Mallorn.  Very easy and accessible to
anyone and everyone, member or not, who wishes to view them (at Mallorn,

If you need further instructions on attaching a photo file to an email
message, please post again.

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil

Monitoring Service trial