Re: AIS: Reviving a Club?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Reviving a Club?
  • From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:53:12 -0800

<ddbro@llano.net> writes:
>a club president with a background in
>marketing (I think) who had taken their membership from very small to
VERY
large.  If you recognize yourself in this message or know of the club
that performed this miracle please share with us your secrets....

Dana,
I believe this would be Renee' Newell,
She spoke at the American Iris Society, Region 14 Spring
Regional in Modesto.
Being the Program Chair for our local society I had the privilege
of inviting Renee' to do a program for us last November, it was warmly
received by our members.
Renee’ is past president of The Modesto Garden Club, she is a
motivational
speaker who used a special brand of fertilizer to grow the club from 69
members to over 550 members in four years (1995-1999).
I believe she has been invited to do a seminar at the National Convention
in Memphis after a couple AIS board members realized there is a need for
this type of program.
I have to thank Lorraine Nicholson of Woodland Iris Garden in Modesto, CA
for passing the word about Renee' last spring.
If anyone needs contact information please e-mail me privately.
randysiris@juno.com
Randy Squires, San Fernando Valley Iris Society, Southern CA.

Monitoring Service trial