Re: AIS: Reviving a Club?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Reviving a Club?
  • From: MWill68323@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:29:14 EST

Just a couple of thoughts to maybe attract new members.

Have a booth at major garden shows.  We have an extremely large garden show
and I've seen club booths for hosta, roses, daylilies, water garden...even
hobby greenhouse.  BUT.....I never remember seeing one for iris.

TV, radio, newspapers...if you have a special event....let people know.

Schools are great as mentioned before.  Maybe donate a small iris
bed..parents do notice these things and the PTO usually notes it in their
newsletters :}  Or someone here donated one tulip bulb for each can of food
collected for a food drive.  That's probably extreme for iris but somthing
similar.

Write Dear Abby<G>

Marsha

Monitoring Service trial