Re: RE: HIST: collection?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE: HIST: collection?
  • From: "David Silverberg" <sil1812@molalla.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:17:55 -0800

<<(who wishes that some fairy godmother would provide a start for his
collection of historics)>>

<<Well, why not tell all us godmothers (and godfathers) what you want in
your collection?>>

I would really like to get W. R. Dykes (the iris) a medium yellow self that
sometimes is flecked with purple.

Its rather obvious (to me at least) that I have "boo-boo'ed" again. My
indication was (or so I thought) that I would appreciate "a start" of
Dorothea for my  historic collection and not "to start" a historic
collection beginning with Dorothea. I do have a fair sized collection of
historics, in the hundreds, he said immodestly, - but- I'm always looking
for ways to add "new" ones. I would be most willing to trade and if you have
some "oldies" you are willing to trade please contact me off line.

Dave Silverberg
Molalla, Oregon USA zone 7/8ish (where, because of the mild winter, iris
growth has begun to show in places where I thought heavy weed growth had
caused some historic varieties to succumb)

Monitoring Service trial