Re: AIS: Reviving a Club?2

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Reviving a Club?2
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:39:05 EST

Dear Mark,
     The 1st Classroom Iris Project (CIP's) was started last year & then this
past fall we started another one closer to home. Both planted irises this
past Fall & we are hoping for good bloom this Spring for their first attempt.
One student didn't listen to the planting instructions & when the teacher
went back to supervise, she could not find the rhizome. I assured her, I
could. So I dug down about 6 to 8 inches, & guess what, there it was. The
student thought he or she was planting a bulb. But out of 105 bulbs (3 for
each student), I guess maybe one gone astray isn't too bad.
     We hope that these two projects will get the parents involved & posibly
bring us new members for our Society, or at the very least get the kids to
like gardening especially to like irises.
     Hopeful in Kentucky,
Annette (New President of the BGIS)

Monitoring Service trial