Re: Reviving an iris society

  • Subject: Re: Reviving an iris society
  • From: "albee703" <alhbee@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 02:41:38 -0000

I agree wholeheartedly with Tom's critique of iris clubs. I have
grown iris, mostly TB's. If one considers the forced labor during my
youth, it rounds up to more than I care to remember or can remember

When thinking of questions I have been asked few relate to showing or
hybrizing. The prime questions are all culture questions.. How do I
grow these things, when can/must I plant them. must they be
separated??? The showing and hybridizing are equally important to the
clubs and it's experienced members, but should not hog the club
discussions. Newbies soon weary of discussions over their heads.

Al Bullock
Z7 No. Va.

--- In iris-talk@y..., tomd@c... wrote:
> Hello Listers:
> I have been following the thread relative to invigorating moribund
> iris societies.  > Tom
> Tom W. Dillard, Curator
> Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
> Central Arkansas Library System