CULT:Planting Signa Seed

  • Subject: CULT:Planting Signa Seed
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:20:48 -0600

Seeds from the Signa seed exchange have always been planted on a
warm, sunny day soon after their arrival in January.

Mine came Friday, and some have been in the freezer for 24 hours now.

Today is the warm, sunshiny day, a planting day.

I have recently learned that some people wait until the next fall
after arrival to plant their Signa seeds.  They say they get better
germination.  My germination in the past has been poor on some but
fantastic on others when I have planted in January.

Which ones of the following seeds would you NOT plant today but wait
until next fall?  I plant outside in pots and cannot follow the
fridge procedures.

i. stolonifera
alophia drummondii

I hope some Signa authority is up early and can help.  I will start
planting around 2 p.m. Central Standard Time today.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Monitoring Service trial