Re: SHOW: Questions about rules

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SHOW: Questions about rules
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:18:45 +1030

Hi Dana

I agree that an iris should produce a minimum of 3-5 increases a year, but I
see nothing wrong with the ones that produce 8. I would consider counting
about a month or two before bloom, so any old fans had dies off and any
incease were clearly grown to full size fan. This works fine until you get
to rebloomers, especially multiples, which produce increase all year round
and could bloomout if they only produced 3-5 increases a year.

Mike how do you count increase on rebloomers. Do you put one piece in just
after main bloom and count the increase just before the next main bloom
period? or leave it two years and work it out over 2 years

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia
Zone8/9