Re: SHOW: Questions about rules

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SHOW: Questions about rules
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:35:36 +1030

Dana

As a commercial grower, I like all the increase I can get.
As for home gardeners, the faster they increase the more you can share with
friends.

I know rebloomers have to increase faster to keep up with the rebloom. My
stuff came out of qauarantine with masses of increase, which 2-3 months
later is all flowering yet again. I was getting worried about bloom out, but
there are small babies coming on them all. Concertina even bloomed on the
bits I broke up. A number of my imported non rebloomers are reblooming. I
think the shock of importing to opposite seasons has triggered any latent
reblooming tendancy. So I have rebloom coming on Barbara's Lace, Momentous
Occasion, Moonraker, Feu De Ceil and Twice Thrilling, so I would use all
these in a reblooming breeding programme.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia
Zone8/9