  • Subject: Cult
  • From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:28:30 -0800

Hello everyone, just a few lines about Region 14's winter meeting held
in Oakland at Lake Merritt garden center. The guest speaker was Keith
Keppel and we were royaly entertained by his dry wit and slides of
yesteryear and also up coming new intros both of his and his Australian
buddies. Keith showed slides of the three "young punks" from California
in their youth, Glenn Corlew, Joh Ghio and himself (when all three had
hair)!! He talked about his Aussie friends and showed slides of their
new intros. He showed slides of his efforts in Salem and what we have to
look forward to in the next few years. When he showed a slide of his
"Compost heap" a hush fell upon the room.
I should also mention that a feast was prepared for us by the hosting
group Sydney B. Mitchell. Tables were decorated with camillias and
greenery. A budget meeting was held first thing in morning, RVP Margaret
Sutton got allot accomplished in a short time. Please start making plans
to attend Nationals in our area in 2004!! We are all exicited about
meeting all of you personally and having you as guests in our gardens.
George Sutton mentioned that hundreds of new iris are coming our way to
be viewed by you. Your own John Jones was there with his handy laptop
doing the necessary $$$ computations for us.
Sorry this is so looong, but so much to say and so little time to say
it. lorraine in Modesto Ca. zone 9

Monitoring Service trial