RE: AIS: CULT: Counting increases was SHOW: Questions about rules

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] AIS: CULT: Counting increases was SHOW: Questions about rules
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:21:43 -0600

Maureen,
	This is two separate items in the Judges Handbook.  Not only is an iris
supposed to produce 3-5 increase per rhizome per year under
Durability/Perennial Qualities, but it is also supposed to have a ratio of
25-75% bloomstalks to fans under Floriferousness.  So, theoretically, you
not only need to count how many fans there are but then figure out if it
produced enough bloomstalks.  George's 1 to 3 rule falls firmly inside the
parameters for Floriferousness, wish he was here to give us his opinion
about counting increase.

Dana Brown
Malevil Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society