CULT: "Iris" for sale

  • Subject: CULT: "Iris" for sale
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:13:05 +1100

Mike wrote:
>I was at Walmart Sat. and they still had iris rhizomes for sale from >last
>fall.
>They were kind of dried up  or some mushey. They had green  fans starting.

I listened in on a conversation where a K-Mart customer asked an assistant
if a similar packet of iris rhizomes where dead. The assistant said - 'No,
they are dormant, they are always like that when you buy them. They will
grow just fine'
I think they finally put them out on special when there was nothing left but
dirt. I guess you could call them expensive little bags of well rotted
compost!

I bought some decomposing dahlias for $1 (Aus) for 5 in a bag, and have
happily had 4 come up. I am sure stores would get a much better following if
they put their prices down just a little earlier.

Cheers, Jan Clark, in Aus

Monitoring Service trial