Re: CULT: "Iris" for sale

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: "Iris" for sale
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:30:12 -0600
On 28 Jan 02, at 22:18, BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/02 10:13:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> janclarx@hotmail.com writes:
> << I listened in on a conversation where a K-Mart customer asked an
> assistant
>  if a similar packet of iris rhizomes where dead. The assistant said -
>  'No, they are dormant, they are always like that when you buy them. They
>  will grow just fine' >>
> Jan,
>      Maybe part of why K-Mart is becoming K-Put?
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida,

   Mark, did you have a Fred's in Lexington, or is there one in Dunnellon?
You can get everything there, except for advice!  Actually, they sell
bulbs and rhizomes from Van Zyverden, which are healthier and more
likely to be true to name.  Better Homes and Gardens should be
ashamed for letting Wal-Mart use their name to peddle worthless (dead
?) goods.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (where the Bulletin finally arrived today.
Where can we get the eye shadow irises?  Only the Shadow knows).

Monitoring Service trial