Re: CULT: "Iris" for sale

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: "Iris" for sale
  • From: "Jim Gibbons" <gibbman6@home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:20:10 -0500

> Walter wrote, responding to Mark, who responded to Jan......

>     Better Homes and Gardens should be
> ashamed for letting Wal-Mart use their name to peddle worthless (dead
> ?) goods.

The thing about WalMart etc. is although they might get their stock at a
reasonable time and still green, they will keep it until ossified before
realizing that it needs to be on clearance. I did buy a few Batik last year
for 25 cents each and they have recovered. WM kept their amarylis hidden in
a back corner of the garden center til they had all popped through the top
of the box, many flowering on corkscrew stalks.  This isn't confined to the
biggies, one of my favorite real nurseries had rhizomes in brown paper bags,
hand labelled, so you couldn't see what you had. Imagine the customer who
bought the siberians!! that were bagged up just like the TBs.

Jim Gibbons
NC Coast, USDA 8a, AHS 7, and sandy
gibbman6@home.com

Monitoring Service trial