Re: Re: CULT:Increase

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT:Increase
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:06:21 EST

Dear Dian Mitterer,
     I think this is an interesting experiment. I still bet that light &
drainage will be the most significant factors along with fertilizer & new
     I keep track of number of stalks & buds per stalk, but not increases. I
just divide my beds every three years & thin for the Iris Society Rhizome
Sale & for the CIP's (Classroom Iris Projects) irises for the youth to plant.
I also enter the Iris Shows & see how much color I can bring to the show.
Sometimes I win, but mostly I just like to see the flowers. I did pretty well
this last show though, I took 40 irises & received 3 vases & a tray with
irises on it.
     Annette Milch , Lexington, Kentucky, USA, zone 5/6, BGIS President

Monitoring Service trial