Re: Re: CULT:Increase

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT:Increase
  • From: jpvhook@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:32:24 EST

Dian,

    I think that every one has their own way of growing iris ! I like to use
6-24-24
fertilizer. Then have a friend that spreads the lime for me. when I raise the
beds I have a five gallon bucket I mix pelletized lime and steamed bone meal
50/50 then put
about a half a cup per rizome and mix well into the soil. This seems to work
well for
me but my soil is not alkaline. The increase is very good and the size of the
rizomes are big and not much rot. The rebloom was amazing.

                                                    John Van Hook
                                                Zone 6 Somerset,Ky. USA

Monitoring Service trial