Re: CAT: Keith Keppel

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CAT: Keith Keppel
  • From: Bill Shear <wshear@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:32:39 -0500

On 1/30/02 12:44 PM, "LBaumunk@aol.com" <LBaumunk@aol.com> wrote:

> One of my favorite iris publications of the year arrived yesterday:  Keith
> Keppel's catalog.  This year he has 19 introductions:  12 tb's (including one
> of Barry Blyth's), 4 ib's and 3 sdb.  There are color photos of all 19.
>
> Some that especially caught my eye are:  'Inside Track', a very dark purple
> and white TB plicata; 'Opposing Forces', a reverse amoena TB with brilliant
> large red orange beards; 'Secret Service', TB with buff standards, black
> falls and orange beards;  'Jive', an SDB that looks like a wide and ruffled
> 'Pele'.
>
> Some difficult choices to make!

Lowell beat me to the punch in enthusing about Keith Keppel.  I visited
Keith two years ago and walked his seedling beds--fantastic experience.

Last year I indulged myself in several 2001 Keppel intros and got top
quality, fresh plants with very, very generous extras.  The plants look
great at this point and I am eagerly awaiting bloom on things like 'Broad
Shoulders' and 'Jersey Cream.'  Keith has some fantastic seedling lines
going and some knock-your-socks-off iris in the pipeline.

Strongly recommended!

Bill Shear

Monitoring Service trial