Fwd: Myparty virus DANGER!

  • Subject: Fwd: Myparty virus DANGER!
  • From: "Edmund L. Castillo" <castillo@pipeline.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:25:22 -0500

I am resending this message because I think the way I originally addressed
it will bounce.  Myparty messages definitely are carriers of a virus.  DO
NOT OPEN.  DELETE AND THEN EMPTY YOUR TRASH.  I just got still another
message from the lockmans.  I recommend you delete anything you receive
from this sender.

>Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:18:00 -0500
>To: iristalk@yahoo.com
>From: "Edmund L. Castillo" <castillo@pipeline.com>
>Subject: Myparty virus DANGER!
>I was warned by a colleague that myparty is a virus.  Fortunately, I was
>warned a few minutes earlier by my Norton SystemWorks 2002, which
>identified it as a virus named
>W32myparty@mm (the mm means that it will attach itself to your system and
>replicate itself when you send messages to others, or some such evil
>stunt).  Norton said it was unable to cure the virus and recommended
>quarantining the file.  It obviously didn't know that the file was useless
>except as a virus carrier.  I simply deleted the file from my in-box, but
>subsequently received three messages from somebody calling himself "the
>lockmans" saying that the pictures were so great he was putting them on
>his website, and providing a link to it.  This guy is not only a bastard
>but a relatively persistent one.  While I was writing this message, it
>occurred to me that the damn thing wasn't really gone, just moved to my
>trash barrel, so I interrupted myself and emptied the trash.
>Suggest all hands do likewise!

Monitoring Service trial